My name is Talila*.
When I started gamelish I based it on the card games that I had been inventing, making and using to help my students overcome their difficulties.
It started out as an answer to my fears, for the fun, the adventure. not so much for the business. But we have grown to be a successful, happy company.
In the beginning it was meant only for teachers.
Today many parents have discovered that playing gamelish gives them hours of fun with their children, while practising English.
The kids love the games because they practice while playing.. No stress, no effort.
They play with friends or with their parents.. speaking, listening, communicating, using cognitive and social skills at the same time.
All the advantages in a small box of cards:
- teaching difficult topics like reading
- building sentences and vocabulary
- “time-out” in a lesson
- creating a teacher / parent-child bond during the learning process
- multiple repetition of content
- attractive visuals
- visual organization that boosts recall
- smart use of varied thinking modes
* an English and special education teacher, MA in immigration and social integration, teacher trainer and materials developer for students with learning disabilities and for youth at risk.